This exquisite mansion was built in 1891 for a wealthy tobacco industrialist, George J. Schuster and his first wife and four children. Nicknamed “The Red Castle”, it was built of red Ohio sandstone and red brick and trimmed with red terra cotta ornamentation. Crane and Barkhausen, a locally renowned architectural firm, designed the home in the German Renaissance Revival style. After George Schuster’s death in 1922, Mary (his second wife and her two children) sold the house in 1924, and it was converted into a luxury apartment known as the Redstone Apartments.
Rick and Laura Sue Mosier opened the mansion in June 2008 as an elegant but comfortable antique-filled bed & breakfast. They are continuing the tradition of preserving and caring for the Schuster Mansion. You can relax, in an aura of history and charm, in four multi-room suites with private baths, or two rooms with shared baths. Rent the first floor for an exceptional venue for weddings, showers, and other special events, or enjoy their High Tea events. schustermansion.com