First housed on the unused seventh floor of the Milwaukee County Courthouse, the Historical Society relocated to the architecturally significant Second Ward Savings Bank building at the intersection of Kilbourn Ave and 3rd Street in the heart of downtown Milwaukee in 1965. The Milwaukee County Historical Society research library maintains an extensive collection of manuscripts, photographs, and documents related to the history of Milwaukee County, as well as naturalization papers from the Circuit Court dating from 1835 to 1941. It is widely used by genealogist, historians, preservationists, and other researchers interested in personal, familial and architectural history, as well as by businesses researching property matters or preparing corporate histories. MCHS also houses the collection, preservation and presentation of Milwaukee County artifacts and archival materials.
For description of the restoration by Conrad Schmidtt Studios click here.
Learn more about Doors Open Milwaukee
For more 360VR interactive images and tours visit the Tour de Force 360VR website.