The Woman’s Club of Wisconsin is the oldest private club in Milwaukee and the oldest woman’s club in America. It has an eventful and productive history dating back to 1876. The Club building, initiated and financed by its pioneering founders has been a Milwaukee Landmark since it formally opened in 1887.
Housed in an elegant Italian Renaissance clubhouse designed by well-known Milwaukee architectural firm of Ferry and Clas, the original building was a two-story structure forty-five by eighty-five feet, with a basement dedicated to practical purposes. The first floor held a large club parlor, a club library, a committee room and an entrance hall. On the second floor, reached by a pair of staircases on either side of the entrance hall, was the large assembly hall.
The historically significant building made of cream city brick and limestone, with regular updates and maintenance, is in solid condition managed by an outstanding staff.
For more about the Woman's Club of Wisconsin visit their website.
For more 360 interactive images and virtual tours visit the main Tour de Force 360 website.