The Woman’s Club of Wisconsin, the oldest private club in the city and the oldest woman’s club in America, is one of the featured locations of Doors Open Milwaukee 2012. It has an eventful and productive history dating back to 1876. The Club building initiated and financed by its pioneering founders has been a Milwaukee Landmark since it formally opened in 1887.
Housed in an elegant Italian Renaissance clubhouse designed by well-known Milwaukee architectural firm of Ferry and Clas, the original building was a two-story structure forty-five by eighty-five feet, with a basement dedicated to practical purposes. The first floor held a large club parlor, a club library, a committee room and an entrance hall. On the second floor, reached by a pair of staircases on either side of the entrance hall, was the large assembly hall.
The historically significant building made of cream city brick and limestone, with regular updates and maintenance, is in solid condition managed by an outstanding staff.
For more Doors Open Milwaukee 360° previews check out:
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s American System-Built Home
- Grain Exchange Room at the Mackie Building
- Next Act Theater
- St. Joseph's Chapel -- School Sisters of St. Francis
For more 360VR interactive images and tours visit the Tour de Force 360VR website.